17.8.12

Men, without clothes on

So as it turns out, finding naked men is a shit load easier than finding naked women. Maybe its how I approach them? Anyway, after the joy of working with some of these guys on the Mud circles shoot and in keeping with developments in the direction I see the Mudhead Dance going I have decided to recruit some amateur and professional nudists to play the part of the Mudheads. Before I say what I am about to say, I need to point out to I am not being derisive when I say this, but there is for me at least something really powerful in pitting skilled against unskilled. There is a beautiful tension I feel between slightly awkward wonky and graceful focussed movement.

Having said its easy to find naked men, it wasn't that easy in the end. Why? Spencer Tunick. I am in direct competition with him for the UK's supply of naked men. Note to self, don't plan workshops or performances involving naked people near Spencers antics.

Eventually, after much wangling, I found my Mudheads. A truly dedicated, hilarious, kind, talented bunch whom I cant wait to work with.

M U D H E A D S

Andy Barrett 

Peter Jacobs 

Simon Wallace 

Adrian Hume Robinson 

Malachy Orazco 

Paul Yardley 

Jason Lee-Dear 

Christopher Hood 

Sue Casson







No comments: