21.8.12

Guerilla Performance #3 Bermondsey

Having had a fairly successful day in Peckham the week before we were all looking forwards to some Guerrilla actions in Bermondsey. We decided to start the day with rehearsals on the roof of V22. For some reason, perhaps its because of South Bermondsey's less than friendly high st, I was a little apprehensive about the public response to street ballet and the varying forms of appropriation I had planned.


Andrew and I had worked a number of variants of the snapshot performance I had tested in the last two Guerilla performances. We wanted to try variants ranging from the more to less obvious with the ambition being to end in Southwark Park.

This was followed by a workshop I ran at Southwark Park Band Stand in Bermondsey, London, in which we practiced moving as one entity, and attempted to create appropriated feedback loops between us and the viewing public.





No comments: