21.8.12

Foam, blow torches, fur, skin rashes

First and foremost, these are the incredible costume designers I am very fortunate enough to be working with. I cannot sing their praise enough.

Berthe Fortin

Emily Ni-Bhroin

Ksenia Vashchenko

Lisa Duncan

Laura Sepp 

Marta Jimenez

Ottavia Trama 

Sandra Arroniz Lacunza

Vana Giannoula


Drawings done, choices chosen, materials sources, sewing machine replacement bulb purchased, tea stocked, glue sticks got, studio completely and utterly taken over by me (I have a shared studio space, luckily my two studio mates are not around much at this time). 



About now I'm feeling pretty much like a blue ass fly. Never in one place for long enough to do anything substantial, my time is spent hanging on the telephone, emailing performers, sourcing materials, buying food for costume designers, and more emailing. Oh did I mention, more emailing? Never have I spent so much time chained to my laptop (The very laptop I am writing this on now, which thankfully my dear sweet Mum helped me out with in my hour of need. My iMac at home is great (something I accrued whilst working as a technician at Kingston Uni, job-perk) but its not that easy to carry round with you. My iphone is kinda fine, but I have developed serious neck cramp from hunching over it all day. So, my Mum persuaded my brother to part with a still shiny laptop be bought a year ago and has never used. Anyway, I got it cheap, end of boring apple talk)!

So, when I had time I was in the studio working with the costume designers, but as it was I spent most of time coming and going. Everytime I returned I was however always greeted and surprised with the incredible work that was being made. My team were working immensely hard, once or twice I found myself heading home before them!







 

 





No comments: