21.8.12

Guerilla Performance #2 Peckham

For some reason unknown to me, I failed to film any of the performances in Peckham. I did however snap some photos. Hopefully more photos, and maybe even some film clips will emerge soon. We started where the last Guerilla performance left off, only this time we would have more performers so I was a little more optimistic about the results. Starting at the Library we worked our way up Rye Lane. There was a dozen or so performers flanked by Andrew Graham, Christopher Williams and myself. The objective was do the snapshot performance the length of the high st, with the snapshots varying in length again dependent on proximity to subject. What we found was that the subtler the performance was the more effective it was. As soon as it descended into obvious flash mob, with prolonged silly poses it fell apart, by that I mean it attracted too much attention, which is a strange sort of position to be in with a public performance because you sort of want it to be noticed. In the end we divided the group in two with Andrew taking one group and myself the other, the intention being to see if we could test and find an ideal proximity for performers to subject and or a better method to configure.






No comments: